I can be mistaken, but this is our first post about Bosnia and Herzegovina. Let’s start with some views of one of its most famous towns, Mostar.
There are several mosques in Mostar. Try to visit one!
And then there are the charming cobbled streets…
But everybody comes to Mostar to see the Stari Most, the Old Bridge. Some facts and numbers:
- Built in the 16th century.
- Destroyed in 1993, during the Croat-Bosniak War.
- Restored in 2004.
- Crosses the Neretva.
Some last remarks:
- The Old Bridge belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- The entrance to the bridge can be quite slippery.
- The water of the river is actually very cold. Diving from the bridge therefore requires skill and training.
That’s it for today. This weekend Lars and I will take you to a very special island! And next week, we will introduce a new project!